Emfor Montaj uses ground improvement techniques that are used when the behavior of the fill mass and/or the underlying soil does not meet required design criteria.
Ground improvement is carried out to:
- prevent excessive settlements of the surface of the reclamation area when structures like buildings, roads and other foundations are loaded on it;
- improve shear strength of the fill and subsoil to ensure sufficient bearing capacity of the foundations and/or sufficient stability of the slopes;
- increase the density of the fill mass and/or subsoil to prevent liquefaction; and improve soil permeability in order to increase drainage capacity.
Emfor Montaj SA is also certified by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to to carry out land improvement activities of the following types:
- conducting field and laboratory studies
- performing construction, assembly and installations